It’s been 18 weeks since the debut of our non-league highlights show “The Bostik League Show”, in which we are very proud to have brought you 27 episodes (and counting!). Our partnerships with The Isthmian League and PromoteUK have enabled us to explore new ways of giving non-league football the exposure it deserves, from pop-up radio shows, to broadcasting simultaneously across platforms. Our YouTube channel has seen a boom in viewership, and is on course to reach 100,000 by the new year. We can’t thank you enough.
From the 10th January 2018, BOTN is going back to its original radio roots, and broadcasting weekly on Wednesdays from 7pm. The Non-League News will be brought to you on the hour, by our newsreader, James Cummins, and we have secured a panellist of football industry experts who will alternate weekly to co-host with Ben Eltham, including:
- Mick Sullivan – former Leatherhead and Merstham manager
- Marc White – manager and chairman of Dorking Wanderers
- Frank Wilson – manager of Tooting & Mitcham United
- Dom Di Paola – manager of Horsham
- Peter Augustine – UEFA A Licensed football coach, and FA County Coach
- Jody Brown – manager of Heybridge Swifts
- Rob Small – manager of Bowers & Pitsea
- Anthony Ferguson – UEFA A Licensed County Coach Developer for London FA
- James Cummins – co-founder of BOTN
This show will be broadcasted via radio, YouTube, Periscope (Twitter), and Facebook Live.
Why the change?
We have decided to move our radio shows from 11am on Saturdays to Wednesdays from 7pm because:
- Prior to August 2017, our radio broadcasts were always midweek following drive time, where we built our listenership (becoming the most listened to show on SUSY Radio);
- Broadcasting midweek enables the show content to be both review and preview;
- Just like all those related to non-league football, our volunteers all have full-time jobs/ are in full-time education;
- This slot enables us to introduce an expert panellist;
- Being studio based will reduce connection problems (a few have been experienced on the road);
- Constructive feedback from our fan base.
It has been absolutely fantastic to be on the road, and to meet so many clubs. We will be continuing to bring you live commentary from our feature game, and The Bostik League Show on Sundays. In addition, we will also be bringing back our weekly 20-30 minute Podcasts, which will be available to download for free via iTunes, and the Podcast App. So all in all, the new year will be bringing you even more non-league!